If you are already acquainted with this amazing French cult brand, then chances are you would have heard about the mystic and rather enigmatic "Finishing Serums". These are a special, unique group of serums sharing similar characteristics:
Large molecule size - Finishing serums are not meant to be absorbed into skin as our regular serums tend to do. They were built to sit on top of skin as a protective shield, not allowing external attackers (pollution, free radicals etc) to invade our nicely primed skin.
Sophisticated and complex formulations - They may look tiny but are anything but. Once applied, they quickly and instantly elevate one's complexion a notch up. Brings it up to the next level of finesse. Skin looks that much more radiant, glowing, illuminated, protected.
- Less is More - Consistency and finish of finishing serums is a lot "thicker" than quintessential or targeted serums. It's also extremely concentrated packed with 80% actives. Use 2-3 drops (8ml dropper bottle) or 2-3 spritz (30ml spray bottle) for the full face. Layer it on vs pressing/tapping onto skin. Remember they are meant to protect the skin and should form a nice "shield" on skin. Think Stephen King's "The Dome" :)
Boosting a total of 7 non-tinted and 5 tinted serums, here's a concise breakdown of its key functions and when to use them:
Silk Plus - a good "basic" hydrating serum that delivers moisturizing (Hyaluronic acid) and soothing (Witch Hazel extracts) effects. But it contains Ethyl Alcohol so it will not be my pick for sensitive/reactive skin.
Fluide VIP O2 - restores life and radiance to dull skin. Oxygenating complex, anti-oxidant, anti-pollution properties and silk extracts deliver just the right level of hydration to skin while leaving no heavy residue or finish. Skin is instantly restored to radiance; a great option for those with oily skin tendencies who seek the sheen minus the grease.
Renovateur 14 - an antioxidant-rich serum for dehydrated and skin lacking radiance. Packed with moisturising (Prickly Pear Extracts, Salmon DNA) and antioxidant extracts (mrytle, myrrh, onion extracts).
Complexe Royal - an elixir for anti-aging and skin lacking radiance. Packed with a high concentration of Royal Jelly known for its regenerative powers and anti-aging extracts (silk extracts, cucumber, Natural Moisturizing Factor).
Serum Grand Millesime - a choice one for the first signs of ageing. Think a lite version of "Le Grand Serum". Infused with regenerating actives (mimosa extracts), antioxidants (mryyh, myrtle, onion extracts), moisturising agents (Hyaluronic acid, Cucumber, silk extracts).
Serum Yall~O2 - great for dehydrated skin needing an instant volume lift and plumping effect. Packed with moisturizing actives, plumping (2% of Hyaluronic acid actives penetrate into skin to plump it up, similar to how our Second Peau treatment works).
Le Grand Serum - the most potent of all forrmulations, this is packed with over 27 actives. Our top pick for anti-aging as it firms skin, reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, anti-free radicals. Skin is treated to an instant glow and unparallel radiance and finish. The perfect finale.
- Serum de Teint - the newest of finishing serums, this range of Skin Perfectors gives a unified complexion, provides natural coverage. Looks like foundation but feels nothing like it - skin is able to breathe freely and perfectly as it should. Long lasting moisturizing effect for 6 hours and shields skin from harmful effects of UV rays, Blue Light, Infrared rays. Non-oily and non-comedogenic, silicon free. Retains similar characteristics of non-tinted serums (its DNA contains 23% of non-tinted serum actives). A great choice for all skin instants. Read all about Serum de Teint in our journal post here.
How to use them:
- Because of their high concentration in actives, we recommend using the non-tinted serums on its own and not mixing them.
- The exception to this is for Complexe Royal and Renovateur 14 where you CAN use them together for enhanced effects and benefits (sheen + antioxidant rich finish), in 2 possible combinations:
- Complexe Royal + Renovateur 14 gives a luminous, milky finish (less sheen)
- Renovateur 14 + Complexe Royal gives a luminous, instant sheen and radiance (more "glass skin")
- Use a non-tinted serum first followed by a tinted serum to get the full protective benefits plus a beautiful au naturale coverage.
- Once applied, let it "set" for 5 minutes before applying a good SPF sunscreen over it. This ensures the even tone and radiance of the serums remains intact despite a layer of sunscreen over it.
- Avoid using a finishing serum immediately after a session of intense, deep exfoliation as the potency of ingredients can be too rich. I also would avoid it on areas which are breaking out.