Mount Lai - The Black Obsidian Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool
Regular price $48.00 SGD Sale price
Shipping calculated at checkout.
What it is: Gua sha has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years.
Perfected throughout the centuries, this black obsidian gua sha tool was built to have a firming, lifting effect on the skin.
Unlike the other stones, Black Obsidian naturally retains warmth and is great to use on congested, blemish-prone skin. The warmth of the obsidian encourages stimulation of the lymphatic system and circulation.
To warm our Black Obsidian tools, we recommend placing them in a glass of warm water.
What it does: Besides improving the overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits, including:
- Promoting lymphatic drainage
- Reducing puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieving facial and jaw tension
- Aiding in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firming and lifting the face over time
How to use:
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum.
- Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha tool from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
Due to natural variations in stone, every gua sha tool is unique in pattern and colour. The stones + crystals we use are authentic and natural. We do not artificially dye or treat the stones to let their true beauty shine through.